Win Your Own Case - Be Your Own Lawyer and Get the Results You Want
Do you have a legal problem but don't want to pay for a lawyer? Perhaps you've been refused financial help with legal bills and have no choice but to represent yourself. Packed with information, tips and advice Win Your Own Case is all you need to take the worry out of fighting your own corner and get the results you want. More
Have you been refused legal aid and can't afford to pay a lawyer? Do you need to represent yourself in a civil law case and don't know where to start? You're not alone.Since the government slashed entitlement to legal aid in 2013 there has been a 60% increase in people acting as their own lawyers. Known as 'litigants-in-person' many people find running their own cases frightening, confusing and overwhelming. It doesn't have to be that way.
Win Your Own Case cuts through the baffling language and mystery of the legal process, and shows you the right path to take. You will learn how to transform your worries and doubts into confidence and equip yourself with the tools for success.
• Save yourself hours of time in research
• Find out how to avoid court and resolve your dispute quickly and cheaply
• Learn how to identify whether you really have a case worth pursuing
• How to prepare your case like a professional and impress the judge
• Negotiation tips to help you get the best financial settlement possible
• How to draft your own letters and court documents
• Learn how to think like a lawyer and ask the 8 most crucial questions about your case
• Discover what defences may be open to you or your opponent
• Tips, guidance and advice from other litigants-in-person, lawyers and mediators
AND much more in this readable and must-have guide
Available ebook formats: