The Independent Guide to London 2018
Written by a professional London tour guide, travel writer and journalist, this travel guide is the perfect way to plan your visit to London and the most incredible city on earth. We cover London's monuments, museums, dining options, accommodation, transport, etiquette, history, useful tips, seasonal events, money saving ideas, sports, music, theatre and much more! Fully up to date for 2018. More
Written by a professional London tour guide, travel writer and journalist, this travel guide from Independent Guidebooks is the perfect way to plan your visit to London and the most incredible city on earth.
* Neighbourhood Guides - A look at each area of London and the monuments, museums, dining options and accommodation available. We list opening times, prices, addresses, websites and more to make planning easy!
* Getting to London - All the connection options from the airports to the city centre, national and international rail services to London, as well as ferries and driving information.
* London Transport - All the ins and outs of getting around, from the London Underground, to Oyster Cards, the buses, driving rules, the Congestion Charge and everything you could ever need to know.
* Etiquette and Customs - Our useful section on Londoners and their particular etiquettes and customs helps you blend in and not stand out as a tourist.
* Before you Go - Plan your visit include average weather information, clothes sizes, plug sockets, currency, dialing codes phone numbers and much more.
* History - Our fascinating history section retells some of the most important events over London's 2000-year history. From The Great Plague to the Industrial Revolution, London's past is as interesting as the city itself is today.
* Seasonal Events - Make the most of what London has to offer, including the temporary events that may only last a few weeks or days of the year.
* Dining - The best locations for afternoon tea, luxury dining, and hidden gems we think everyone should try. Plus, affordable and delicious places to eat!
* Sports, Music and Theatre fans also each have their own dedicated chapters.
* And much, much more.
Available ebook formats: