Preparing for and Beating the I.R.S.: Audits and other Tax Matters
This book is an example-driven book with detailed instructions for avoiding, lessening, and overcoming challenges to your tax returns. This book includes correspondence that quelled IRS notices and penalties. This book helps getting unusual help from the IRS, organizing records for audits and tax court, reducing tax debt, and working with tax professionals. More
“Preparing for and Beating the IRS” is an example-driven book with step-by-step instructions for avoiding, lessening, and overcoming challenges to your tax returns. This book includes letters and telephone scripts that quelled IRS notices and that got penalties removed. This book helps make notices and audits less costly to you. It discusses reducing or eliminating tax debt and getting more IRS help than is normally allowed.
Some of the materials covered include:
• Specific guidance on how and when to call, fax, write and visit the IRS,
• Telephone scripts and sample letters to maximize your effectiveness with the IRS,
• Filing tax returns to minimize the chance of audits,
• Organizing records to minimize the cost of audits,
• An overview of IRS notices, audits, audit appeals, and tax court,
• When and what types of professionals to help for assistance,
• Getting unusual help from the IRS and Taxpayer Advocacy Service,
• Reducing or eliminating tax debt through gaining Uncollectable Debt status, an Offer In Compromise, or Bankruptcy, and
• Case studies on addressing sample tax problems.
Available ebook formats: