Travel the World and Explore for Less than $50 a Day, the Essential Guide: Your Budget Backpack Global Adventure, from Two Weeks to a Gap Year, Solo or with Friends
Travel the World and Explore is the essential guide to traveling the world and exploring new destinations for less than $50 a day. This book will save you time and money with ideas, and need-to-know information so you can have the adventure of a lifetime. Full of global travellers’ advice and anecdotes to make your trip cheaper, safer and more exciting than you could ever have imagined! More
Travel the World and Explore is the essential guide to traveling the world and exploring new destinations for less than $50 a day (GBP £36, Euro €43, AUD $69, NZD $72 or CAD $65). For the solo backpacker or with friends this up-to-date practical guide will save you time and money with ideas, and need-to-know information so you can have the adventure of a lifetime from two weeks to one year. Full of global travellers’ advice, anecdotes and testimonies to make your trip cheaper, safer and more exciting than you could ever have imagined! Save money with tricks and tips to ease you into your travels abroad and reduce the pressure of traveling in new destinations.
• How to travel on less than $50 a day and enjoy yourself daily.
• How to get cheap flights, your visa and navigating the airport.
• Youth hostels, camping, hotels, lodges, cafés and restaurants.
• Learning fast, language, communication, culture, food and drink.
• Packing your bag, the ultimate kit list and what to leave at home.
• Trekking, beach vacation, inner cities, the countryside and jungles.
• When and where to go, what to do, options, ideas and possibilities.
• Photography tips, social media, security and traveling with money.
• The environment, medical issues and dealing with an emergency.
• How to make savings, haggling and make your money go further.
• Transport abroad: buses, trains, taxis, rickshaws and motorbikes.
• Getting the best deals, practical research and preparation.
• Your road trip: car, motorbike, bicycle or renting abroad.
• How to stay safe, healthy and on the right side of the law.
• Prescription medicines that are illegal in other countries.
• Travel warnings, scams, inoculations, jabs and survival items.
• How to deal with unwanted attention, robbers and pickpockets.
• How to protect yourself from malaria, wildlife, leeches and insects.
• Food: allergies, hygiene, etiquette, vegetarian or vegan and potions.
• International driving permit, vehicle maintenance and driving abroad.
• Free WiFi, social media, communication, tablets and smartphones.
• Border crossings, transport hubs, fellow travellers and stimulants.
• Culture shock, religion, poverty, exploitation and helping others.
• Charted transport, renting a motorbike, scooter or boat.
• Theme parks, tourist and resort tax and when to tip.
As a world traveller Mathew Backholer has visited more than forty countries and has traveled the length of Africa from Cairo to the Cape, across South-East Asia from India to Vietnam and from Nepal to Russia via China and Mongolia and has survived the Trans-Siberian Railway. He has visited North Africa six times, driven around Britain and Europe and has gone solo, with friends, as part of team and as a team leader. He is the co-founder of ByFaith Media (www.ByFaith.org) and presents the reality travel series ByFaith TV which airs globally on numerous networks. He is the author of many books including: Budget Travel, A Guide to Travelling on a Shoestring and How to Plan, Prepare and Successfully Complete Your Short-Term Mission.
Available ebook formats: