British Weekend Jaunts - Tour 2 - 4 Days Touring The English Lake District, Cumbria
Rated 5.00/5 based
on 1 reviews
This 4 day car jaunt takes you through breathtakingly spectacular scenery to high mountain passes, lush green valleys, tranquil lakes and cosy old coaching Inns. It visits romantic olde worlde stone cottages, castles, ancient stone circles, Roman forts & bustling Georgian towns with small independent quirky shops. This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps, info & tips used by the author. More
A travel guide book with a difference which gives a well planned 4 day, 2 location tour (by car) through the spectacular scenery of the English Lake District. This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps, location information & travel tips.
This tour takes the reader through the Lake District National Park and visits: Kendal, Lake Windermere, Hawkshead, Coniston Water, Coniston, Duddon Valley, Broughton-In–Furness, Ulverston, Dalton-In-Furness, Furness Abbey, Barrow –In-Furness, Swinside Stone Circle, Millom, Bootle, Ravenglass, Whitehaven, Workington, Maryport, Cockermouth, Keswick, Dunmail Raise, Grasmere, Ambleside, Windermere & Bowness On Windermere.
In these hard times do you fancy going on a “weekend jaunt” to cheer yourself up, touring around some of the attractions this lovely country of ours has to offer, staying in multiple locations, but thought it too hard to organise?
Or perhaps you are planning a first trip to Britain, and are looking for a short tour to give you a taste of what Britain has to offer, outside of London?
Are you looking for a new kind of travel/guide book? Perhaps one which gives:
• A well planned 4 day multiple location tour around the English Lake District, which you can customise and enjoy at your own pace.
• Detailed information on how to organise your own weekend jaunt (travel, accommodation, visitor attractions, location history and information, etc.)
• Tips on how to keep costs down whist away and website addresses to visit to obtain best value for money deals, promotions and discount vouchers.
• Some tour destinations and attractions which are a little different to those normally on offer, some of which are “off the beaten track” and are not covered in other guides
• Gives daily itinerary’s to maximise the time spent in each location which you can follow, or tailor to suit yourself
• Has maps, pictures and information on locations and attractions (including address, opening times, web address, how to get there, history &/or other pertinent information)
• All the information required in one book rather than having to purchase and carry, several city /town different guides whilst on your Grand Tour
• Is suitable for all age groups and nationalities (particularly long haul visitors wishing to see as much of Britain as they can in a limited timescale, but not wanting to join a group arranged tour).
• Armchair traveller information and website addresses to enable them to “virtually” undertake the tour and visit attractions on line, if they cannot visit them in person.
If so ... this could be the ebook for you!
Available ebook formats: