Published by Chris Freeman at Smashwords
This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
Royal law of Ducie Island - Section 32
Maintenance of Demographic Stagnation
By the order of the Gods and the current reigning monarch, the people of the island of Ducie without disdain or exception will adhere to the following prescription:
The population of Ducie shall remain at a level of 61 persons or less without exception.
- For the purpose of comprehension, the word ‘population’ refers to permanent residents of Ducie. The following will not be considered part of Ducie’s population count:
1) Non-human species, including amphibians, birds, fish, insects, mammals, reptiles and plant life.
2) Unsolicited arrival of human life on our shores for the purpose of either invasion or acquaintance. (Any such arrival however, should be addressed and disposed of as soon as is physically feasible.)
- The return of our Saviour for his inevitable and glorious second coming.
- A foetus contained wholly within another human being, from the point of conception to the moment the child leaves its carrier’s body entirely.