Do you remember the first story you ever read, and the impact it had on you?
The first story I ever read, was Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. It has remained with me throughout my life and has helped me overcome great troubles. If it weren't for Harry Potter, I would be either dead-by suicide-or drugs or alcohol.
How do you approach cover design?
I look for a picture that demonstrates the idea of the story. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and that is what I look for.
What are your five favorite books, and why?
1) Harry Potter 7- It demonstrates all of the most important factors in this world such as Love, Loyalty and Faith. It was the end of an era. And it also shows that everything has an end, no matter how grand.
2) Fablehaven- It shows will power and courage as it also explains we all have dark and light within us.
3) The Hunger Games- It proves that sometimes we have to put others before us. And when we do, we will be helped to achieve further.
4) Mocking Jay- It demonstrates cruelty and people so evil that it shows how many people are in reality. The story has proven to be good yet so cruel that I am convinced we may sometime end in that way.
5) Not without my daughter- That fact that it is based on a true story makes it that much greater. The story capters the mother as someone strong and fierce willing to do anything for their child, a fact that cannot possibly be truer.
What do you read for pleasure?
Mostly science fiction. I love the whole concept of being able to live throughout something that can only exist in your mind as well as in paper. They say it does not do well to dwell in fantasy but sometimes it is the best thing to do. It provides a much better escape than everything else in this world.
What is your e-reading device of choice?
Aldiko. It has proven to be very efficient and satisfying.
What has inspired you to write?
Passion. Boredom. Freedom of speech. Determination. Life. Problems. Friends and family. Imagination. Many things, but most of all, love.
Describe your desk
It is an old student desk that my stepfather brought home one day. On top of is rests a shoe box that hold drafts and pictures for my book. On the wall it is set in front, hang numerous posters of what I love the most such as the WWE and Harry Potter. It also hold many wise and ispiring quotes along with the phrase, 'Just Keep Writing´.
Where did you grow up, and how did this influence your writing?
I grew up in Oakland, CA but when I was 12 I moved to Zacatecas, MX. It influenced my writing plenty as I saw it the one thing that remained the same during the transission. It seemed my escape. The only way to let everything out without having people judge or critizize me as a person.
When did you first start writing?
When I was about 7 years old. I wrote poetry and such although my mind always held peculiar stories of it's own. I began writing stories when I was about 12 or 13.
What's the story behind your latest book?
A teenage girl is forced to leave her home and enter a journey to learn to master the 4 elements and attempt to defend the magical island agaisnt an evil wicth who claims to be the rightful owner of such island.
What motivated you to become an author?
My life and myself.
Smashwords Interviews are created by the profiled author, publisher or reader.