Ahmed Motiar B.A. M.Ed.
Ahmed is a teacher, researcher, author and inventor with 35 years of teaching experience at both elementary and secondary school levels. His present focus is on enhancing Literacy skills as one means of improving the human condition. He obtained his Teachers’ Certificate and Bachelor’s degree in South Africa and obtained his Master’s degree from the University of Toronto – (OISE)
Ahmed’s work has been recognized with a number of AWARDS:
Some of these are:
• (Canadian) Prime Minister’s Award for Teaching Excellence in Science, Technology and Mathematics.
• Certificate of Appreciation: Antiracism and Ethno-cultural Equity Committee
• ACRA Award of Achievement
• Educator’s Award: Canadians for a Genocide Education
• CIC Award for Arts and Literature
• VIP Award from The Learning Disabilities Association
• Certificate of Excellence: York Region Board of Education
His primary aim in life is to bring about justice for the oppressed and the marginalized all over the world. To promote better understanding and tolerance between different racial groups and faith communities, he has been actively involved in issues of social justice and has been a member of the following organizations:
1. National Anti-Racism Council of Canada
2. York Region Race Relations Advisory Committee.
3. Multi-faith Dialogue Group of Toronto
4. Muslim-Christian Liaison Committee.
5. Jewish, Christian, Muslim Interfaith Committee.
6. Educators Against Apartheid.
7. Canadians for a Genocide Education.
8. Movement for Universal Justice.
9. Interfaith Social Action Reform Coalition (ISARC)
10. RCMP Commissioner’s Advisory Committee on Visible Minorities
BOOKS AND EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL PUBLISHED
1. 3E Magic Math
2. 3E Math “Equations” Game
3. The 3E Reading System
4. Learning to Read made Easy
5. The Reading Skills Inventory
6. Diagnostic and Programming Guide
7. 3E Word-Vocabulary Game
8. Defanging a Bully
9. I Am Not Dumb
10. Contributed One Chapter in the, “Book of Multi-faith Readings”
11. Market Madness (A Stock Market Simulation Game)
12. The Reserve Bank = A License to Steal Money from Citizens?
SOON TO BE PUBLISHED BOOKS / ESSAYS
1) Condoned Injustices (– was short listed for the R50,000 Penguin Book Award)
2) (An Essay) How Fasting Regenerates the Immune System.
3) Edited and Collated the book: “Multi-faith Responses to: Who Created God?”
Some of his material is available from: http://www.MathAndLiteracyAfrica.co.za
Ahmed Motiar's tag cloud