BRIAN DOOLEY, CPA. MBT
The 2011 Edition of International Taxation in American is at SmashBooks. The author, Brian Dooley, CPA, has been specializing in offshore taxation since 1974. He has helped numerous accountants and attorneys serve a broad range of individual and business clients in various international tax and estate planning matters. Also, he has on nine occasions offered expert witness testimony before the U.S. Department of Treasury and the U.S. House of Representatives on issues related to foreign investments, foreign trusts and private annuities. His experience includes:
Brian’s forte is obtaining written IRS rulings on tax planning strategies to guarantee savings. He also excels in counseling chartered accountants, CPAs and attorneys in international tax law. He is highly skilled in using the IRS tax-amnesty program, private letter rulings, foreign business tax credits and offshore trusts to help clients:
* Achieve their international tax and estate planning objectives
* Protect themselves from audits, penalties and unpleasant tax surprises
* Avoid IRS tax controversy
* Set up captive insurance companies
* Deal with foreign inheritances
* Immigrate into the United States or open a U.S. office for a foreign company Publications
* Estate Planning with a Foreign Trust
* Contributing author to Taxation of International Transactions, edited by Matthew Bender Involvements
* American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
* California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member Education
B.S. in Accounting and Masters in Business Taxation
from the University of Southern California
Where to find BRIAN DOOLEY, CPA. MBT online
Where to buy in print
VideosForeign and offshore corporations
His a short video explaining Chapter Three, Taxation of Americans owning share of a foreign corporation.
Often the controlled foreign corporation tax laws will be avoided or mitigated by the use of preferred stock. Chapter Three explores this method.
Foreign investment funds (known in tax law as a passive foreign investment fund PFIC) have new reporting rules for 2010. You will find these new rules in Chapter Three.
International Taxation in America
By BRIAN DOOLEY, CPA. MBT
Published: October 3, 2010.
The 2011 is here.
While written plain English, the Book includes 100's links IRS authorities & advance articles. Spend eight hours with this book & you will be an offshore tax expert. Estate planning covers foreign investments & inheritances. The book includes a private tax research library using our custom Google Search site
BRIAN DOOLEY, CPA. MBT’s tag cloud