K R Hall
About the Author
Karen is a New Englander by birth. She grew up along both the east coast and west coast as her father was in the military. After her eight years in the military, she moved to Colorado in the early 1990s.
Karen married her husband Tom in the early 2000s. She lives with her husband, son, mom, and two chihuahua mix fur babies.
Growing up Karen wanted to be several different things. A teacher, a nun, a model, a mystery writer and own her own bridal/wedding venue. She writes what she loves to read, paranormal romance. Her biggest hope is that readers will enjoy her books.
Karen biggest hope is that readers enjoy her books.
Getting to know K R Hall
1. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be several different things. A teacher, a nun, a model, a mystery writer and own my own bridal/wedding venue.
2. Do you love writing or reading more? I love them in different ways. Reading is relaxing. Writing is fun until I get stuck.
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring three books, which would you bring with you? Why? A dictionary because there are so many words I don’t know and with all of the definitions it would last me a long time. A bible because why not. It has been years since I read it cover to cover.
4. If you could travel to any time, what time period would you like to explore? I think the future would be great. I want the flying cars and sidewalks that move like I the Jetsons.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? My husband is taking me on my dream trip, a cruise to Alaska.
6. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? Well it may be Alaska ha-ha, but I’m always eager to go back to Disney Land.
7. Do you have any hobbies? I am not good with crafts. I can see something in my mind and try to explain it to a crafty person to make it for me.
8. What's the silliest thing you've ever done? Jumping on the bed and hitting myself with the ceiling fan. I was almost 40.
9. Tell us about your most adventurous experience. When I was in the Air Force in my early 20s I took a Military Hop and flew from Maine to California. I had been very sick and finally had to take a civilian plane from St. Louis to California. I remember my mom was panicky because a flight from St. Louis had crashed and she couldn’t get through to my dad. It was because he was on the phone with me. I also met the First Sargent of the Air Force while at the USO section of the Saint Louis airport.
10. What's your most embarrassing moment? When I threw up on the front steps of the school when I went to register for my senior year. I was very nervous as we had just moved there.
11. How much research do you typically do on a novel? I do research on a daily basis. Sometimes I get an idea and I am not sure how to get it in writing or I need to check to see if it’s a real thing or not. Like some of the killings in my Corbin Manor murder mystery spoof.
12. What was your first kiss like? Sticky. I was about in the third grade and we had gone to get ice cream sundaes. He didn’t get all of his syrup whipped off.
13. How long does it take you to complete a full-length novel? It depends on what I am writing. My Black Bears of Independence: Corbin was my first book and I had to rewrite it about four or five times. My My Black Bears of Independence: Cade I rewrote a few chapters. Corbin Manor had to have the first five chapters rewritten. I am sure it will need another rewrite when I am done. My first two books took me about six months. Corbin Manor may take me longer.
14. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert. I am very shy until I get to know someone. Online is a bit easier.
15. How do you handle negative reviews? I take them as learning experiences. I had a two-star review on Goodreads and asked the person why so I could fix the issues. She never replied.
16. Do you get nervous before a book release? YES! My stomach gets upset and sometimes I get a headache. I want the readers to enjoy my books. I am very new to writing and I am afraid the readers will be bored with my books. Or worse think they are childish.
Where to find K R Hall online
Where to buy in print
Black Bears of Independence
by K R Hall
The ghost town of Independence, Colorado is beginning to thrive again. A clan of black bear shifters has settled in and opened the Independence Dude Ranch.
Black Bears of Independence: Cade
by K R Hall
Beta of the Black Bears of Independence Clan Cade Norton met his True Mate at his best friend and Alpha Corbin Hurst’s mating ceremony to Eloise Freimont. They had an amazing night of steamy hot lovemaking, but when he woke the next morning Gracie was gone. Cade won’t chase after Gracie. After two months Cade’s bear is demanding he go after their mate.
Black Bears of Independence: Corbin
by K R Hall
The ghost town of Independence, Colorado is beginning to thrive again. A clan of black bear shifters has settled in and opened the Independence Dude Ranch. Join the Black Bears of Independence as they find their mates and overcome challenges.
K R Hall's tag cloud