Marti Regan lives with her husband in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, along with Sadie, Sophie Cat, and her horses, Toblerone and Tootsie. Before moving to the mountains, Marti worked at NASA and National Institutes of Health in Maryland. She now has time to combine several of her loves—writing, children and animals.
Marti is a dynamic speaker with a gift for engaging children’s enthusiasm and combining teaching moments with a sense of fun. She is the author of several children’s books.
• Dogs of a Different Collar, an engaging novel for 8-12 year-olds, about parallel lives of two puppy siblings, and the girls who adopt them.
• Reading to My Buddy, an easy-reader book for 5-7 year-olds, is a funny, touching story about a loveable dog helping a young reader gain confidence
• Come On, Mom, Dad, Get Healthy, a fictional story for middle-grade students, follows the adventure of three teens, who are fed up with their parents’ bad health habits and decide to take action. a funny, touching story about a loveable dog helping a young reader gain confidence (free ebook)
• The Mini Book of Horse Sense, a gift book for all ages, presents enchanting photos captioned with wise and thoughtful advice from Tootsie the Miniature Horse and their animal friends.
• Lazy Daisy, the Love Dog, a picture book for ages 3-6, is about a puppy everyone says is lazy. The notion that we are good at something is realized when Daisy’s laziness becomes an asset as she becomes a “love dog” at a hospital. Available in Spring, 2013!
Marti also ...
... loves to travel.
... adores animals. Growing up with a menagerie of pets, including dogs, cats, horses, snakes, hamsters, birds, fish, chameleons, and even an opossum, her very best animal friend was a standard poodle.
... currently has a standard poodle, named Sadie, who was the inspiration for Dogs of a Different Collar.
... has a grown-up son who lives in Seattle.
... loves popcorn, hot cocoa, gingerbread, M&M Peanuts, Mac 'n Cheese (BUT not all at the same time, of course!)
... enjoys the company of children and is available for workshops, readings, and/or book signings.
Where to find Marti Regan online
Where to buy in print
Reading to My Buddy
by Marti Regan
Reading to My Buddy, an easy-reader book for 5-7 year-olds, is a funny, touching story about a loveable dog helping a young reader gain confidence. Nicki hates to read out loud at school. When she stumbles over words,the other kids laugh at her. She decides to never talk again ... until she meets Buddy, the reading dog!
Marti Regan's tag cloud