Things you can expect in a Melody Robinette book:
-Characters talking...a lot
-Characters with flaws...but you love them anyway
-Love...in one form or another. Usually the good, tingly kind ;)
Melody Robinette writes in coffee shops. She edits in coffee shops. She lives in coffee shops.
She is a Texas-based writer who is married to an amazingly handsome man and has two super fat cats. She's been writing since the age of 15, getting her start by taking screen shots in The Sims 2 games and writing scenes to go along with them.
Primarily she writes both YA and adult books under the Speculative Fiction umbrella (varieties of urban fantasy, paranormal romance), occasionally branching out into contemporary fiction when she has something she just HAS to say.
In her non-writing life, she is a teacher. When she taught 12th grade English, she had the pleasure of sharing some of her work with her students, and their enthusiasm for her books was what encouraged her to seek publication.
20 Facts About Melody:
1. She is obsessed with Harry Potter
2. She is a cat person
3. She loves acting and theater. In high school, she was a "theater geek"
4. Her favorite color always has been and always will be: BLUE
5. The 80's cartoon, My Little Pony, is her childhood...and she can draw them pretty well.
6. She loves Disney movies.
7. Belle is her favorite princess because duh. (And her cat's name is Belle)
8. She is a Type One Diabetic
9. Her mom and her husband are her best friends and she's okay with that.
10. Her mom is her #1 Beta reader
11. She can cook really well if she has a recipe in front of her
12. She can be a grammar freak (YOU'RE=YOU ARE)
13. Ireland is her favorite country.
14. She studied abroad in Ireland for two glorious months.
15. She wrote the first half of Oaken in longhand
16. It took her 6 weeks to write "The Choice"
17. It took her 2 years to write "Dream Snatchers"
18. She leads a local writing group called "The Writers' Chapter"
19. She lives in West Texas
20. She is a Starkid.
Where to find Melody Robinette online
Where to buy in print
Alex and Azalea
by Melody Robinette
Published: January 29, 2017
Alex and Azalea is a whirlwind romance set in Ireland and the magical world of the Underground. It's a tale of impossible decisions and star-crossed lovers from two completely different worlds. Will the future king of the elves choose to leave his crown behind...for the love of an Outsider?
Melody Robinette's tag cloud