Robin Lee Hatcher
Robin Lee Hatcher is the best-selling author of over sixty books. Her well-drawn characters and heartwarming stories of faith, courage, and love have earned her both critical acclaim and the devotion of readers. Her numerous awards including the 2000 Christy Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction, the 1999 and 2001 RITA Awards for Best Inspirational Romance, Romantic Times Career Achievement Awards for Americana Romance and for Inspirational Fiction, and the 2001 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. Catching Katie was named one of the Best Books of 2004 by the Library Journal.
Robin began her writing career in the general market, writing mass market romances for Leisure Books, HarperPaperbacks, Avon Books, and Silhouette. In 1997, after several years of heart preparation, Robin accepted God's call to write stories of faith and hasn't looked back since. She has written both contemporary women's fiction and historical romances for CBA publishers, and in 2009 her 60th book, A Vote of Confidence, was released, launching a new series (The Sisters of Bethlehem Springs) that looks at the question, "Who says a woman can't do a man's job?" The setting is Idaho during the WWI era.
Robin enjoys being with her family, spending time in the beautiful Idaho outdoors, reading books that make her cry, and watching romantic movies. She is passionate about the theater, and several nights every summer, she can be found at the outdoor amphitheater of the Idaho Shakespeare Festival, enjoying Shakespeare under the stars. She makes her home on the outskirts of Boise, sharing it with Poppet the high-maintenance Papillon.
* Robin wrote her first novel on yellow legal pads from March to November 1981; it was published in 1984
* From 1984 to 1999, Robin had 30 releases for the general mass market; from 1999 to 2009, she has had 30 releases in the Christian market
* There are over 5 million copies of Robin's books in print worldwide
* The overriding theme in Robin's books is the beauty of God's grace
* Robin is a popular speaker at writers conferences and Christian women's retreats
* Robin is a past president of Romance Writers of America (1992-1994)
* Robin's many awards include the Christy Award for Excellence in Christian fiction and the RITA Award for Best Inspirational Romance
Where to find Robin Lee Hatcher online
Where to buy in print
This member has not published any books.