Jianna was born in Auckland, New Zealand. From the moment she picked up a crayon she was scribbling stories, although no one else could read the earliest ones.
She graduated from the University of Waikato with a Bachelor of Education and pursued a career in teaching. Developing childrens' creative writing skills was her favorite part of the job. She is currently working in the health and disability sector and is planning to write full time in the future.
If it's summer, Jianna enjoys taking her two dogs to the beach, and if it's winter she heads to the mountains to ski or ride her snowboard.
- Current finalist in Danté Rossetti Awards for Young Adult
- Current finalist in Chanticleer Summer Shorts and Novellas
- Shortlisted finalist in Cygnus Awards 2014 for speculative fiction
- Winner of Honorable Mention Medal in Global Ebook Awards 2014 in Popular Literature Fiction
- Top 5 finalist in Readers' Favorite International Book Awards 2014 in Women's Fiction
- Shortlisted finalist in Writers' Village International Novel Award 2014 in open genre
- Semi finalist in Kindle Best Indie Book Awards 2014 in Young Adult
- Top 5 finalist in Kindle Best Indie Book Awards 2013 in Short Fiction
Favorite TV series - Absolutely Fabulous, Big Bang Theory, Friends. Favorite movies - Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Die Hard. Favorite genres - YA, fantasy, contemporary.
Jianna is on twitter @jiannahiggins or you can make friends with her on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/jianna.higgins or visit her website at http://jiannahiggins.wix.com/books
Where to find Jianna Higgins online
Just Looking (A Sorrento Short Story)
by Jianna Higgins
Just Looking was a top 5 finalist in the 2013 Best Indie Book Awards in short fiction.
The day has arrived when Alice can no longer live on her own. She forgets to take her meds, and she was caught feeding teabags to her cat Bella. Her long suffering daughter, Karen, delivers her to a Sorrento Retirement Facility, but getting her to stay will be a battle of wills.
Jianna Higgins' tag cloud