Liz Della Croce is the creator and author of The Lemon Bowl, a healthy food and lifestyle blog. Since 2010, Liz has been sharing delicious recipes that just so happen to be good for you. By using real ingredients with an emphasis on seasonality, Liz has built a growing audience of loyal readers who crave real food for their families.
Liz has appeared live on the TODAY Show and tapes regular cooking segments for her local NBC and ABC affiliates. Liz’s recipes and food photography have been featured in various publications including Shape Magazine, Real Simple, Cosmopolitan, Food Network Blog, Huffington Post, TODAY Food, Tastespotting, Foodgawker and The Cooking Channel. Liz enjoys working with national brands she feels passionate about including Stonyfield, Bob’s Red Mill, CA Strawberries and KitchenAid USA.
Through healthy eating and regular exercise, Liz has successfully achieved a personal weight loss milestone and has a passion for helping others reach similar goals. In 2013, Liz launched Healthy Habits, a feature on The Lemon Bowl where her loyal readers and growing audience can find practical advice, resources and information on creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
A busy mother of two young boys, Liz loves spending time chasing around her two toddlers and exposing them to new foods for the first time. Liz and her husband Rich reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
35 Facts About Liz Della Croce
1. I am a mom to two flirty boys ages 2 and 4 who have thick heads of hair, dimples for days and smiles that light up the room.
2. My husband and I met over 12 years ago in Boston.
3. I was born in Arizona while my Dad was doing his internship at the Tucson Medical Center.
4. Grand Rapids, Michigan became my home at the age of three. After graduating from East Grand Rapids High School, I moved to Massachusetts to attend Boston University’s School of Hospitality Administration.
5. I was the class speaker at my college graduation in May of 2002.
6. After graduating, I began my career in hospitality sales with Marriott International.
7. In 2006, I began exercising regularly for the first time in my life. I have maintained a 60 pound weight loss for over 6 years.
8. Group exercise is my favorite way to break a sweat – kickboxing, weight lifting and boot camp make me happy.
9. Although I am admittedly addicted to exercise, it is no secret that I exercise to eat.
10. My Dad introduced me to ethnic food from around the world including authentic Mexican food (heavy on the cilantro, easy on the cheese), “Sushi Saturdays”, dim sum in San Francisco, Greek food in Chicago and Vietnamese food in Berkeley.
11. My Mother’s grandparents were born in Syria and as a result, I began learning how to make Middle Eastern food at a very young age from shadowing the women in my family.
12. I am the oldest of 3 girls and my sisters live just down the street. Despite the 10 and 4 year age gaps, we are extremely close.
13. In 2007, my husband moved back home with me to Grand Rapids, Michigan to buy a house and start a family. I am forever indebted.
14. My middle sister and I were pregnant together twice and our children are both less than 4 months apart. They will grow up like siblings even though they are cousins.
15. I thrive around others and prefer a group setting to being alone.
16. In 2009, I read Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels and committed to eating clean. As a result, I haven’t had a diet coke since 2009.
17. I traveled to Africa 10 years before I made my first trip to Mackinac Island, Michigan.
18. To say that I am obsessed with Someecards would be an understatement.
19. Fall is my favorite season- the smell, the apples, the air, the clothes, the food, the holidays.
20. In January 2012, my dream of appearing live to cook on the TODAY Show came true.
21. I have no idea how to garden and envy those with a green thumb.
22. Sriracha is almost always on our dining table.
23. People often describe me as “easily excitable.”
24. My favorite breakfast involves coffee, eggs and fresh fruit.
25. Ellie Krieger is one of my inspirations and I was lucky enough to meet her in 2011.
26. Cooking makes me happy but not as much as being a mother which is why I never became a professional Chef.
27. I am a city girl at heart. Boston, New York, London, Chicago and San Francisco are a few of my favorites.
28. I don’t have a sweet tooth. Cheese is another story.
29. I have had the pleasure of visiting over 25 countries around the world including Norway, Spain, Morocco, Greece and Mexico.
30. I love champagne.
31. My friends mean the world to me.
32. Farmers markets and fruit stands make me insanely happy.
33. Lake Michigan is my favorite place to unwind.
34. I thank God every day that I am living my dream.
Decades in the making, this book is filled with 14 of my most cherished Syrian family recipes passed down over four generations. Recipes include my Great Aunt Vieve’s famous hummus, my Aunt Paula’s baked kibbeh, meat-filled grape leaves, stuffed kousa and more. The Ultimate Syrian Sunday Dinner is the fourth edition of the Food From Our Ancestors eCookbooks series.
Filled with 15 time-honored, treasured Jewish recipes from Liz’s grandmother, you’re going to love discovering just how easy it is to make Challah Bread, Beef Brisket, Kasha Varnishkes, Ljuba’s Baked Chicken and more!
The Ultimate Mexican Sunday Dinner is the second edition of the Food From Our Ancestors eCookbooks series. Featuring recipes like Enchiladas Verdes, Posole Rojo, Mexican Rice, Salsa Roja and more, each authentic Mexican recipe has been passed down over the generations.
Liz Della Croce from TheLemonBowl.com is proud to release the first cookbook in a series. Featuring recipes like Eggplant Parmesan, Pasta e Fagiole, Sunday Gravy and more, #FoodFromOurAncestors is a series of eCookbooks documenting the ethnic recipes that we love but were never able to get exact recipes from elders who use a ‘pinch of this’ or a ‘splash of that.’
Liz Della Croce from TheLemonBowl.com bundles her top smoothie recipes into this Ebook. From Chocolate Espresso Protein to Berry Ginger Chia to Pumpkin Pie Protein to PB&J Oatmeal, you are going to love all of these energy-packed smoothie recipes!