Melissa is an avid reader and she likes to dabble in writing. She does yoga in her spare time and loves crossword puzzles to keep her brain fresh. She likes to take walks, play with her puppies and cuddle with her kitties. She gets most of her ideas at night and she likes to conjure up stories that involve interesting characters.
How do you approach cover design?
I approach a design by thinking about the type of book it is. I like to pick a cover that is paired well between cover and type of story it is. I believe the cover is the face of the book, if you have a catchy cover then then you're bound to have someone pick it up.
What are your five favorite books, and why?
Hmm that's a really tough one honestly:
5) Shanghai Girls- because the author makes you feel like you are living in that story. I love goosebumps and this book gave me a ton of them.
4) Needful Things- Stephen King is the man of horror and his books are amazing. Every story has someone that is scarier then the next. I just loved this story, to this day I still think about it. I read it years ago.
3) Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn knocked this book out of the book for me. It was exceptional writing and it made me think.
2) IT - Do I really need to give a reason
1) The Winter Garden - I fell in love with this book the moment I laid eyes on it. It was beautiful and charming.
Published: April 27, 2019.
Fiction » Fantasy » General
Born a psychic, Bianca moves away from her family to understand her gifts, only to find a portal to another place and time. Will this portal change everything that has happened to her family or will it destroy everything? This is the sequel to From Within.
Girl meets boy, girls falls in love with boy. But he’s not who she thought he was. He’s actually a psycho and he locks her in his house. She is terrorized emotionally as well as physically. She meets Joy Monroe and together they will stop at nothing to escape!
Chelsea Cooke died and came back to life. When she wakes she can see and communicate with the deceased. Will she be able to handle the abilities that are given to her? Her spirit guide is a known relative who will try and help her along her life to battle obstacles thrown at her. Three relationships will hang in the balance and will test her psyche. Will she decide which relationship is for her?