Allan P. Sand
Santa Clara, CA
PBIA (Professional Billiards Instructor Association) and ACS (American Cue Sports) billiards instructor for ten years.
My playing and competitive experience goes back over 50 years.
I love the give and take of competitive sports and enjoy helping others improve their playing and thinking skills.
The books I have published on Smash Words include:
• Psychology of Gamesmanship – How to Manage Mind Games & Tricks – Identifies more than 80 sharks and how to prevent your opponent from using them. Also applicable to other team (football, basketball, soccer) and individual (pool, tennis, darts) sports.
• The Art of War versus the Art of Pool – The philosophy of pool as defined by Sun Tzu, the Chinese general who wrote about applied warfare, 2500 years ago.
• The Art of Politics & Campaigning - an easy road map to success in competition against others for a valued position.
• The Art of Team Coaching - how Sun Tzu would coach coaches, including specifics on team and individual training.
• The Art of Personal Competition - how Sun Tzu would guide your development as a team player.
• Kitchen God’s Guide for Single Guys – a humorous cooking book for bachelors
BOOKS that are not available on Smashwords (file size too big):
• Table Map Library - free on the billiardgods web site. 3,100+ cue ball paths and patterns. For advanced One Pocket and 9 Ball players.
• Drills & Exercises for Pool & Pocket Billiards – progressive practices to improve your game, skills, and abilities.
• Safety Toolbox – the defensive tools needed to advance your offensive game. Includes drills, tactics, strategies, and precision ball control drills.
• Advanced Cue Ball Control Self-Testing Program – Find out if you are an “A” player now and what it takes to get there.
• Cue Ball Control Cheat Sheets – the shortcuts that show how to use precise cue ball speed and spin to get position anywhere on the table.
Also available are the following videos, which can be rented or purchased on Amazon and on the billiardgods web site:
• Secrets of One Rail Kicks - simple calculations about how to figure out short and long rail kicks to another ball on the table.
• Secrets of Shooting with Spin - two techniques that describe how to use side spin on the cue ball (with accuracy).
• Kicking to a Bib Ball - opens your eyes on the many ways to kick to a ball near a rail or in a corner.
• Easy 9 Ball Safeties - examples in regular and slow motion on how to make sure your opponent cannot run out the table.
My books on team sports and politics evolved through decades of experience and observation in those fields.
If you have never been introduced to the idea of using defense to win pool games, this 60 page book is exactly what you need. It covers basic safeties and how to use them to beat better players.
Included are simple exercises to quickly learn cue ball speed control, plus cue ball & object ball position control.
This is how Sun Tzu would help you develop and
implement promotional & marketing programs!
Apply the philosophy of war to expanding your business!
Your success (and even survival) in the business world depends upon effective research, preparation, planning, thinking, and execution of your promotion programs. Inside are the secrets of business success.
Tired of eating out?
Want to save money?
Stranger in the kitchen?
This book reveals the real Food Chain!
Everything you need to know in simple, easy to understand instructions and details. Find out what you should (and shouldn’t) buy.
You can eat well and save money without wasting a lot of time in the kitchen.
This book contains the true and real secrets of competition. Within are guidelines to effective training, thinking, planning, and execution. The details presented here remove uncertainty and confusion from your game plans. Every problem now has an answer; every difficulty has a responsive plan.
This book was written to help you win a campaign - that is, the person who can build the greatest coalition of supporters, - wins. It might be for any kind of elective office, or a position that requires the collection of public support. If you are the candidate or active in supporting a candidate, study this material.
If Sun Tzu played pocket billiards, this is how he would apply war strategies and tactics to pocket billiards. Consider that the pool table is really a rectangular battlefield. Your opponent is there to win. Are you? Learn how to be your own general and direct your actions so that you can win more games.
This book is your protection against unscrupulous opponents who attempt to win by using a variety of psychological tactics. These ploys are common in competitions at all levels. When on the receiving end of these efforts, your focus is affected and the outcome is thrown into confusion. You can lose games that should have been yours if those distractions had not been brought to your attention.