Ali Riza Demircan
Ali Rıza Demircan
The Life and Works of Ali Rıza Demircan
Ali Rıza Demircan, the seventh child of Faik and Hamdiye Demircan of the Sütlüce village of Rize, Turkey, was born in 1945 in Kasımpaşa in Istanbul. Demircan is a hafiz of the Qur'an and studied Arabic, Tafsir and Ahadith. He graduated from the Istanbul Imam-Hatip High School in 1969 as the top student in his class and from the Istanbul High Institute of Islam at the Marmara University Faculty of Theology.
Between 1976-1978 he was a specialist at the Ministry of Religious Affair's Haseki Education Center. He became a preacher at Süleymaniye Mosque in 1970; after the law changed one year later he was made an imam and preacher. He worked at this mosque for twelve years. Because of his books and speeches at conferences, he was put on trial seven times in the Criminal and State Security Courts for violating Turkish law no. 163. He is a well-known theologian and author in Turkey who has appeared on many radio and television programs. He is married with nine children.
1. Süleymaniye Minberinden İslâm Nizamı (3 cilt) (Islamic Orders From the Süleymaniye Pulpit, 3 volumes)
2. İslâmî Kimliğimizi Korumak (Maintaining Our Islamic Identity)
3. Allah’ın Resûlü’nden Hayat Dersleri (Life Lessons From the Messenger of Allah)
(Allah’ın Resûlü’nden Hayat Düstûrları) (Morals From the Messenger of Allah)
4. İslâm’ın Işığında Haklar, Hürriyetler, Vazîfeler (Rights, Freedoms, and Duties in the Light of Islam)
(Cuma Mesajları) (Friday Messages)
5. Hac ve Umre Yüceliğe Çağrıdır. (5 Kitap bir arada) The Call to the Glory of Hajj and Umrah (5 books)
6. Söyleşiler (Interviews)
7. Kur’ân ve Sünnet Işığında Cariyeler ve Sömürülen Cinsellikleri (Concubines and Their Exploited Sexuality in the Light of the Qur'an and Sunnah)
8. Kur’ân ve Sünnet Işığında Cennet Hayatı (Life in Heaven in Light of the Qur'an and Sunnah)
9. İslâm’a Göre Cinsel Hayat (Bir arada 2 cilt) (Sexual Life According to Islam – 2 volumes)
Sexual Life According To Islam
by Ali Riza Demircan
This book covers an important topic that is not often discussed in the Muslim world. While many Muslims shy away from talking about sexual issues, Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, spoke of sexual issues on many occasions as is detailed in this book.
Ali Riza Demircan's tag cloud