Richard A. Methia
Author, award-winning educator and platform speaker and organizational coach
• Author: “Public Speaking Essentials,” published in 2011 by Vook.com, an innovative digital publisher. A vook is a blended reading experience combining text, high-quality video and social media.
• Author: “Ace Any Test: The Parent’s Guide to Testing”
• Author: “Keeping Score: A Teacher’s Guide to the New Testing”
• Author: “Helping Your Child Overcome Test Anxiety”
• Newspaper columnist: “Along the Boomer Trail”
• Web writer: Contributing Writer, Suite101.com and regular contributor to other online content providers.
• Grant writer: Crafted successful grant applications totaling more than $1.2 million.
• Organizational Coach: Assist non-profit boards and executive staffs with clarifying mission, assessing effectiveness and directing program resources. Clients included NASA, Challenger Center, Educational Testing Service, LINK Americas Foundation, Jet Propulsion Lab (NASA and CalTech), Stardust Project and Discovery Lab, among others.
• Evaluator: Crafted and delivered program assessments for NASA, Verizon Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation among others.
• Curriculum writer: Space science specialty, co-created award-winning national curricula
• Platform speaker: Delivered public presentations in 46 states in the U.S. and several other countries, recipient of NASA’s Public Service Award
• Speech trainer: Taught communications for over 20 years including The Graduate School, Washington, D.C., one of the world’s largest professional training institutions.
• Teacher, K-16
• Non-profit executive
• Curriculum developer/writer
• National Finalist, NASA Teacher in Space Project
• Small business owner
• Educational leadership consultant
• White House consultant
• Biblical studies and theology
• Space exploration (human and robotic)
• Psychology of personality
Where to find Dick Methia online
The Parent's Complete Guide to School Testing
The Parent's Complete Guide to School Testing is a HOW-TO book on testing, written for parents (or grandparents) in language that's free of educational jargon. It's chock-full of parent-friendly advice and simple strategies for the busy parent who's concerned about his or her child's success in school.
Dick Methia’s tag cloud