Lt. Gen. (Retd) Dr. M. L. Chibber
Born in August, 1927, the author hails from the Northwest Frontier Province of undivided India. His 40-year career in the army culminated as the commander in chief of India’s Northern Command, personnel deployed in eyeball-to-eyeball contact in a “no peace, no war” confrontation with China and Pakistan. He masterminded the operation to pre-empt Pakistan from capturing Siachen Glacier.
After retirement, he served as Executive Director of the Management Development Institute, New Delhi, for four years (1986-89). He also served on the Board of Studies for M.B.A. of the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (deemed university) for seven years.
A graduate of the British Army Staff College, Lt. Gen. Chibber has an M.Sc. from Madras University and a Ph.D. from Allahabad University. Is a fellow of the inter-university Seminar on Armed Forces and Society, Chicago; Jawaharlal Nehru Fellow researching the introduction of national service in India; and Fellow of Arms Control, Disarmament and International Security, University of Illinois, Urbana. He has authored many books and numerous monographs and articles on leadership and matters related to security, war, and peace.
Lt. Gen. Chibber was awarded the Medal for Highly Distinguished Service (AVSM) after 1971 war and the Medal for Highest Distinguished Service (PVSM) in 1976. In 1986, the National Honour of Lotus award (Padmabhushan) was conferred on him for exceptional service to the nation.
1. Military Leadership to Prevent Military Coup, based on his Ph.D. thesis.
2. Soldiers Role in National Integration.
3. How to Be a Successful Leader, (fifth reprint).
4. Co-author, Strategy and Leadership, textbook for M.B.A. programme, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi; based on Sai Baba’s Mahavakya on Leadership.
5. History of Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry.
6. Chapter on “The Quest for Security” in Indian Foreign Policy – The Indira Gandhi Years.
7. Chapter on “India-Pakistan Reconciliation” in South Asia after the Cold War: International Perspectives, (Westview, USA).
8. National Service for Defence, Development and National Integration of India. Foreword by Sri. R. Venkatraman, Former President of India (Nehru Fellowship study).
9. Pakistan’s Criminal folly in Kashmir. Foreword by H H Dalai Lama.
10. Co-author of Indian Army ARTRAC manual on LEADERSHIP, based on Sai Baba’s Mahavakya on Leadership.
Where to find Lt. Gen. (Retd) Dr. M. L. Chibber online
Where to buy in print
Lt. Gen. (Retd) Dr. M. L. Chibber's tag cloud