A recovering English major, Carson Craig has always had “write fiction, particularly a novel,” on his list of lifetime to-dos, but, outside a few short-lived bursts of literary creativity, he never seemed to get around to it. Then, a few things happened at once:
• He reached late middle age and thought, “Hey… My performance on Earth is a limited engagement.”
• E-books came along and turned publication from something highly unlikely to a certainty (not sales… just publication… but that beats a dead end).
• His college roommate finished a first novel and he thought, “Well, if he can do it…”
• He read Cold Mountain and thought, “Why do the vast majority of ‘great’ novels have to be depressing at the end? I am fed up with that nonsense!”
• A wise counselor helped him realize that it was okay to write what he wanted, on the schedule he wanted, in the way he wanted.
The result is Trouble Spots, a lighthearted, action-packed fantasy in which a young man (well, his soul), Colin Davis, lands in Hell by mistake and encounters a host of manic adventures while getting out again, wisecracking every step of the way, and, in the end, defeating Satan, rescuing the universe from hellish dominion, and, yes, getting the girl.
Carson is supported in his writing efforts by his extraordinarily understanding wife, enthusiastic son, Biscuit the Wonderdog, the Thursday novel writing circle of the Village Writer’s Group, and many loving souls who have generously purchased copies, and are even reading them.
When he is not writing fiction, Carson is enjoying family life, working his day job, playing his Les Paul, practicing (but never mastering) taekwondo, and drinking too much coffee, but not enough beer.
Where to find Carson Craig online
Where to buy in print
Trouble Spots: A Smartass in Hell
by Carson Craig
Published: January 22, 2017
Dante's "Inferno" meets "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy" in "Trouble Spots," a humorous fantasy suited to fans of Christopher Moore ("Bite Me") and Jim Butcher ("The Dresden Files"). Tricked into Hell by a silver-tongued demon, Colin Davis yearns to escape, but first he must thwart Satan's plan to conquer the universe. His best hope: troublesome portals between realities called thin spots.
Carson Craig's tag cloud