Jacek Lidwin has photographed for over 15 years. He regularly publishes, writes and talks about his work. His photos have featured in many publications and he has produced artwork and promotional images for artists, theatres and newspapers. He was exhibited in various exhibitions in Poland, mostly in Katowice where he works and lives.
Visit his website:
jaceklidwin.com, for more details.
- The photographs have been taken in Szopienice. 2003
- Unknown People. 1-22.03.2008, Katowice, Altus building
- Human, space, light - theatre photographs. 18.06 - 03.07.2009, Roundabout Art Gallery in Katowice during 15th International Theatre Festival A PART
- Unknown People - 1-31.12.2009 MDK Szopienice - Giszowiec
- Packages for human beings - fashion photography. 10-20.09.2010, Altus building Katowice
- The ancients names fragments - jewish cemeteries in the Silesian Voivodeship. 19.01 - 20.03.2011 Archdiocese Museum in Katowice
- Theater Painting of Light with Arkadiusz Ławrywianiec and Tomasz Jodłowski. 2002
- netARTeria - european review of computer and internet arts. 2004
- Homeless Gallery in Katowice. 2002 i 2004.
- Cultural grant from Marshal of Silesian Voivodeship. 2008 and 2011
The book contain my photos from Szopienice. This is a Katowice district, the city on the Upper Silesia, in Poland. To 1960 it was independent. Szopienice was founded as a village in 1360 and it was developed in the second half of the nineteenth century around the metallurgy industry. The civic rights was given to them in 1951. I photographed Szopienice in the spring of 2003.