Hi, I'm Jay Schulman.
I'm an information security consultant living in Chicago. I like to talk. But when no one's listening, I write.
Useless Things You Should Know About Me:
- I've never lived outside the state of Illinois.
- But I've traveled to 48 out of 50 states. (Montana and Hawaii are on the bucket list.)
- I fly so much on Southwest Airlines that my wife can fly free with me wherever I go.
- Unfortunately I haven't reached the point where my two kids can also fly free.
- In 1999, the FBI said they didn't need someone with my skills.
- Also in 1999, Playboy said they needed my skills. Security skills, that is.
- I turned them down to work for KPMG.
- It worked out ok. 10 years employment. They found me my wife. And how to be a great manager.
- And great examples of how not to manage people.
My Day Job:
I help security teams develop their information security programs and capabilities. I help CISOs, CIOs and CFOs understand and react to enterprise security risks and protect against attacks. I want to build information security organizations which enable the business. Information Security shouldn't be about saying "no" but about finding a way to get to "yes." I believe in strong security processes supported by a well lead team and strategic security technologies.
Where to find Jay Schulman online
Building a Life and Career in Security
by Jay Schulman
As I’ve looked at my own path and helped others along their journey, there is a framework for success in information security.
My goal in writing this book is give you the confidence to grow your own career in information security. I’ve analyzed my career and the careers of others to design a plan to build a successful career in information security.
Securing Amazon Web Services
by Jay Schulman
As I was researching how to secure my AWS resources, I realized there isn't a one-stop guide for securing every piece of AWS. I've compiled from around the web the best resources on securing Amazon Web Services.
Jay Schulman's tag cloud