35 years as a teacher, coach, athletic administrator at the junior high, high school, junior college and collegiate level
Coached football, basketball, baseball, and volleyball
Former National presenter for the NAIA’s Champions of Character Program
Director of Proactive Coaching
Clinician – Speaking nationally to athletes, coaches, parents, school districts and corporations
This book is written for anyone working on leadership with young adults. Whether you are teaching a leadership class, working with a Captains Council within your school, or an individual coach developing team leaders, it will hopefully provide a sustainable plan.
Want your conditioning to be a source of pride? Want to have your conditioning to become part of practice that brings your athletes and coaches together in a supportive environment. Want your athletes to focus on not wanting to let each other down?
Written for Athletes and Coaches
1. Defining true confidence
2. What are you worried about? Take charge of your fears
3. The confident competitor’s mindset
4. Developing a plan of attack and stand up for yourself
1 - Planning the Season
• Eight critical points in the season - Master season checklist - Daily practices - Parent meeting - Coaching your own child
2 - Teaching the Game
• Maximizing the possibilities - How to teach a physical skill - Define, Model, Shape and Reinforce