Ron Morrain is an American (Houston, Texas), and currently lives and works in Germany. He is co-founder and Director of Studies at the Language Learning Centers Europe which is headquartered in Duisburg, Germany. He has been active in HRM and HRD as a manager and consultant for over 30 years internationally. Ron speaks three languages fluently (English, German, and Spanish), but gets along with several other languages as well.
Ron Morrain is the innovator of the graphic facilitation concept of *Ready-made Mind Maps *(RMMs), that promotes learning/teaching methodologies E.g. - TBL (Task-based Learning) and PBL (Project-based Learning), Content and language integrated learning (CLIL), and Content-based Instruction (CBI). Language Coaching sessions for L2 and L1 learners are also facilitated by RMMs. Ron started promoting the concept in the mid 90s in Germany, and has since been promoting the concept at conferences, universities, teacher workshops, and webinars internationally. He is also the founder of the Business English Special Interest Group BESIG Russia, which had its debut in Moscow in 2019.
He has worked on personnel development and education related projects in:
Houston,New York, San Francisco, and Washington D.C., (USA)
Mexico City (Mexico)
Hong Kong, (China)
Geneva, and Zurich (Switzerland)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Berlin, Bonn, Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Essen, Cologne, Krefeld, Freiburg, Stuttgart, Bochum, Hagen,
Dortmund, Erfurt, Hamm, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Munich (Germany)
Athens, and Thessaloniki (Greece)
Moscow, and Yaroslavl (Russia)
Osaka, Nagoya, Fukui, Sendai, Morioka (Japan)
Cairo, Egypt - RELO Mentor Programme - U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs.
During his academic career, he has held (or still holds) the following positions:
- Lecturing Professor for Business Administration at Euro-Business-College and University (Düsseldorf, Germany)
- Lecturing Professor for Organisational Psychology at the Cologne Business School (Cologne, Germany)
- Lecturing Professor for the Executive MBA Programme at the University Südwestfalen (Hagen, Germany)
- Director for the Office of Development at The International School of Management (Dortmund, Germany)
- Seminar Coordinator for the Academy of Social and Labour Law (Herten, Germany)
- Personnel Development Planner and Trainer at University Duisburg-Essen (Duisburg and Essen, Germany)
Ron works with many Fortune 500 and DAX companies as a consultant or coach for:
- Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management
- Corporate Language and Communications Training (Development, Design, Implementation, and Assessment)
- Employee Recruitment, Orientation, Evaluation, and Onboarding
- Language Assessment Centers (Corporate Clients Only - Worldwide)
- Management and Executive Language Coaching
- Teacher Training, Train-the-Trainer (Internationally)
- EMI (English as a Medium of Instruction) for Corporate and Academic Learning Environments
His current area of business @ the Language Learning Centers Europe concentrates in the government and academic sectors. The Language Learning Center services clients such as the Federal Office of Procurement, the Federal Office of Administration, the Ministry of Education, The Duisburg Port Authority, The City of Duisburg, and many other state and private universities throughout Germany.
Ron is an active member of the following teacher organisations:
- ELTA Rhein- Germany (English Language Teachers Association)
- IATEFL - England (International Association of Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- BELTA - Belguim (Belgium English Language Teachers Association)
- TESOL - France (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- TESOL - Greece (Athens and Thessaloniki)
As a regular speaker at conferences, Ron has conducted workshops, talks, and webinars internationally promoting the idea of Task-based Learning, Problem-based Learning, Project-based Learning, and Mind Mapping in Second Language Learning and Teaching.
Links to past events:
He also is an active contributor to the following publications:
- *Business Issues* (Magazine for BESIG IATEFL)
- *BELTA Bullentin* (Magazine for the Belguim Teachers Association)
- *EFL Magazine (the Internet magazine for English language teachers)
He is highly engaged in local politics and community affairs and has served on the board of directors for NPOs like:
- The Duisburg Library Foundation
- The German-American Society (Lower Rhein)
- The Lions Club International Concordia
Ron describes himself as a seasoned traveler, avid art collector, and a life-long learner. In his free-time he enjoys walks with his dog, team cooking, and sharing interesting conversations with friends, playing DJ for an international teachers group, and trying out his singing talents at his favorite local pub.