Ron Morrain is an American (Houston, Texas), and currently lives and works in Germany. He is co-founder and Director of Studies at the Language Learning Centers Europe which is headquartered in Duisburg, Germany, and has been active in HRM and HRD as a manager and consultant for over 30 years internationally. Ron speaks three languages fluently. (English, German, and Spanish)
He has worked on education related projects in:
New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., (USA)
Mexico City (Mexico)
Hong Kong, (China)
Brussels, Paris, Vienna, Malta, (Europe)
Berlin, Düsseldorf, Cologne, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Munich (Germany)
Athens, Thessaloniki (Greece)
Moscow, Yaroslavl (Russia)
During his academic career, he has been:
- English Department DOS at Euro-Business-College and University in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Lecturing Professor for Organisational Psychology at the Cologne Business School in Cologne, Germany.
- Director of the Office of Development at The International School of Management in Dortmund, Germany.
- Lecturing Professor for the Executive MBA Programme at the University Südwestfalen in Hagen, Germany.
- Seminar Coordinator for the Academy of Social and Labour Law in Herten, Germany.
Ron works with many Fortune 500 and DAX companies as a consultant for:
- Organizational Learning
- Knowledge Management
- Corporate Language Training (Curriculum Development, Instructional Design, and Assessment)
- Employee Recruitment, Orientation, and Integration (Onboarding Process)
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Management and Executive Training and Coaching
- Teacher Training, Train-the-Trainer, and Instructional Coach (Internationally)
His current area of business @ the Language Learning Centers Europe concentrates in the government and academic sectors. The Language Learning Center services clients such as the Federal Office of Procurement, the Federal Office of Administration, the Ministry of Education, The Duisburg Port Authority, The City of Duisburg, and many state and private universities throughout Germany.
Ron is an active member of the following teacher organisations:
- ELTA Rhein- Germany (English Language Teachers Association)
- IATEFL - England (International Association of Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- BELTA - Belguim (Belgium English Language Teachers Association)
- TESOL - France (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- TESOL - Greece (Athens and Thessaloniki)
As a regular speaker at conferences, Ron has conducted workshops, talks, and webinars internationally promoting the idea of Task-based Learning, Project-based Learning, and Mind Mapping in Second Language Learning and Teaching.
Links to past events:
He also is an active contributor to the following publications:
- *Business Issues* (Magazine for BESIG IATEFL)
- *BELTA Bullentin* (Magazine for the Belguim Teachers Association)
- *EFL Magazine (the Internet magazine for English language teachers)
He is highly engaged in local politics and community affairs and has served on the board of directors for NPOs like:
- The Duisburg Library Foundation
- The German-American Society (Lower Rhein)
- The Lions Club International Concordia
Ron describes himself as a seasoned traveler, avid art collector, and a life-long learner. In his free-time he enjoys walks with his dog, dining and sharing interesting conversations with friends, playing DJ for an international teachers group, and trying out his singing talents at his favorite local pub.
Where to find Ron Morrain online
Where to buy in print
Ron Morrain's tag cloud