Whoah, totally surprising. As I read The Golden Dynasty first, nothing, I say again, NOTHING could have beaten Lahn. If you've read it, you'll know what I mean but I was really surprised by Fantastical. Oh my. I have my lack of sleep and panda eyes to totally prove it.
I started reading it at 4am after finishing Jennifer Ashley's The Duke's Perfect Wife. My few minutes turned to hours. I officially went to sleep at almost 9am!! Owh my gawd! Thank god it was Labor Day and I didn't have class.
I L.O.V.E Fantastical. It wasn't as riveting as TGD but it was so fluffy and lovable that I couldn't help falling in love with Tor, Cora and their world. It was awesome and great in it's own cute way. Its premise and Cora's character gave me a very, very Snow White-tish vibe.
I won't bore you with my gushing but I will just state a few of my favorite things:
1. Tor. He isn't Lahn but Tor has his own charisma and machoism. I found him h-a-w-t and so cute. Swoons.
2. Cora. She is so bubbly and kept reminding me of the Disney Princesses. When she bawled her eyes out to Tor and demanded to go home, it was so hilariously endearing and cute. What happened after that incident was yummy and also touching.
3. Noc. Ha! He was the other Tor and a very intriguing character. I look forward to read his own story - soon.
4. Phoebe. Cora's BFF is really supportive and showed what true friends should be.
5. Cora's parents (the heroine's parents, not the beyotch's one) were so cuteeeee.
6. APOLLO!!!!! Yeah, yeah, he only appeared in the epilogue but I was soooo EXCITED that his story's next. The ending of Wildest Dreams hinted at it but this time, it is absolutely certain. It is even mentioned in Kristen's website.
Fantastical was simply magical and amazing. I can't wait for Apollo's story. Kristen Ashley, you rock!
(reviewed 12 days after purchase)