Kentucky Derby IQ: The Ultimate Test of True Fandom
Test your skills. Wrack your brain. It’s the ultimate Kentucky Derby IQ test. More
UPDATED AND EXPANDED FOR 2016
New in this edition:
- 60 additional, brand new questions
- improved layout for questions and answer keys makes it easier than ever to quiz family and friends
- brand new chapters on Orb, California Chrome and American Pharaoh
- improved functionality for e-readers, smartphones and tablets
- print edition includes 17 B&W photographs - digital edition includes 25 full color photographs
- 320 total Kentucky Derby trivia questions
Spying the twin spires, hugging the rail, hearing the snap of the gate, the crowd takes a nervous deep breath in unison. The horses lunge, the jockeys crouch. Now the race for the roses is run and timelessness has begun.
Long-shot odds, winning tickets, record crowds, Hall of Fame statistics, and historical dates all add up to the "most exciting two minutes in sports." Think you know Kentucky Derby history?
This IQ Series book will test even the best horsemen and trainers who have been around the sport their whole lives.
Test your skills. Wrack your brain. It's the ultimate Kentucky Derby IQ test.
"Muddle your mint, put on your Big Hat, make your way to Millionaire's Row and dive straight into the fastest two minutes in Derby trivia. You won't need a tip sheet or a bookie to pick the winners in this great trip through Derby lore."
- Dr. Keith Gaddie, native Kentuckian and award-winning author
"There are 20,000+ Thoroughbred foals born every year but only 20 three-year-olds line up in the gate for the Kentucky Derby. The Derby has always been the gold standard by which every horseman's dream is measured. In Kentucky Derby IQ, Joel honors the breeders, owners, trainers, jockeys, grooms and most of all the horse."
- Bill Whitman, former manager of Calumet Farm
"Joel's Kentucky Derby IQ book is certainly fun but it has also become an important research guide for our Derby broadcasts."
- Lee Cruse, radio host News Talk 590 WVLK, television personality and stand-up comic
"Kentucky Derby IQ adds another level of fun to the greatest two minutes in sport. Joel's engaging style makes the book enjoyable long past the first Saturday in May."
- Michael Blowen, founder & president of Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement
Available ebook formats: