Available ebook formats: epub mobi pdf rtf lrf pdb txt html
My name is Bill Hefferan and I was born and raised in Washington, D.C. I currently reside in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico where I live on the most beautiful ocean in existence. I enjoyed my high school years in sight of D.C., in Alexandria, Virginia. I then attended Grand Valley State University and the University of Michigan, graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA). I also received two professional degrees: CCIM and CPM. As a life-long learner, I continued on to earn my M.B.A. and later my doctorate (DBA). The focus of my doctorate is Organizational Psychology and Social Science Research.
I served in the Army for two years in Heidelberg, Germany in the Office of Public Affairs. I had a wonderful time as a writer for Army in Europe Magazine and traveled extensively into every country in Europe as a result of my various assignments for the magazine. In my spare time, I couldn't resist forging into business in Germany. I developed and operated three German restaurants in two different cities, managing them while maintaining my Army job (my Army boss was an investor in one of my restaurants so I had plenty of leeway!). One of my restaurants included a popular night club in which I had live music. All of my restaurants had the best cuisine in all of Germany! The two years were an incredible experience I will never forget.
My hobbies include: small boat building, making furniture, and other wood working ventures. I also enjoy cooking which led me to write and publish a cook book, Cooking as an Event. My other passion is the Triathlon for which Puerto Rico is ideal! I have three children, the youngest having just graduated from college joins the other two with busy professional careers in different parts of the globe, so I don’t see them as much as I would like.
I have been in the business of design, development and syndication of commercial investment real estate since my first year in college, a path which began when I started purchasing small apartment buildings when I was 18. I am currently the President/CEO of a commercial investment real estate design and development company based in Michigan. We have averaged about 100 employees. We deal in acquisitions, design, development, management and packaging of all types of commercial real estate projects, from creating new projects, re-hab of existing (primarily historic), or any other concept that will create a substantial return for the investors.
These projects range from office buildings, shopping centers, medical centers, apartment complexes, hotels, to any type of project that fits a particular area and/or economic time. We conceptualize the idea, design the project, form the ownership entity, create the debt and equity structures, build the project, and manage it throughout its life cycle. I especially enjoy the many creative opportunities, beginning with the development of an idea, through the concept and design process, creating the marketing and branding strategies, the architectural stage, and the various financial structures that are all intriguing and challenging.
WRITING BIO: Dr. T. William Hefferan
1) Two years as a writer for Army in Europe Magazine, for which I traveled to virtually every country in Europe covering intriguing human interest stories.
2) Wrote and published the book (408 pages, 2012), JOBS, How the U.S. Can Reach Long-Term Full Employment. Learn how everyone can successfully participate in our country’s essential shift into a knowledge worker economy in which everyone connects with meaningful and rewarding jobs. Innovation, entrepreneurship, education and leadership join with other important topics to reveal the contemporary path we will follow to full employment in the U.S. (self-published)
3) Wrote and published the book (136 pages, 2001), The Old Colony Building which describes in critical detail the process of designing, developing, constructing and managing commercial investment real estate, including comprehensive financial analyses of each step. (self-published).
4) Wrote and published the cook book (138 pages, 2002), Cooking as an Event, based on my travels in Europe and my extensive background of developing high-end restaurants in Europe and the United States. (self-published).
5) Updated and published (168 pages 2010), Cooking as an Event Second Edition as a result of my years living and working in the Caribbean.
6) Wrote in excess of 250 scholarly research papers during and subsequent to my 5-1/2 years doctoral studies.
7) Wrote and published world-wide my peer-reviewed research study (216 pages, 2010), Employers and Job Seekers Pursue Mutual Excellence through Postmodern Communications Strategies. Based on several hundred hours of one-on-one interviews, this comprehensive research study uncovers innovative concepts for job seeker/employees and employers to establish mutually beneficial and rewarding employment relationships (EMBER).
8) Twenty-three years as CEO of a commercial investment real estate development company, averaging 80 to 100 employees, I write marketing and promotional materials for each project we create which then forms the basis for the marketing strategy for each project.
9) Wrote Perseverance. In this adventure thriller, inspired by real-life events, Dr. Will Ryan and The Five Pillars of the Red Ring -- a covert government Agency even Congress is unaware of -- aim to stop radical terrorists based in the Middle East from their new initiative to plant suitcase nukes in major U.S. cities as hateful revenge and retribution. This is the first in a series of 11 books that detail Dr. Will Ryan and his Seal Team 6-like operatives’ global missions to deploy their strategic covert military operations that focus on pure shock and awe. Join Dr. Will Ryan and The Five Pillars of the Red Ring and experience the life and death challenges that span the globe.
10) I am editor of the blog: “The Place for Business” (www.DrHefferan.com) in which I write at least two comprehensive, entertaining and informative articles each week covering important contemporary topics: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Employment Environment, Knowledge Worker Economy, Communication, Education and Social Responsibility. Stop by and join in the conversation – I hope to hear from you soon!