You Are a Classic: An Employment Guide for Baby Boomers
Don’t relegate yourself to a passive job search. Stop worrying about your age and assert your value!
You Are a Classic effectively advocates a proactive approach to job hunting and the employment market for people over 50. Find out how your Classic Advantage can influence interviewers to recognize the value of hiring a person with work-life experience, mature insight and practical common sense. More
A complete job hunting guide for people over 50. Don’t relegate yourself to a passive job search. Stop worrying about your age and assert your value!
You Are a Classic! is an effective job hunting guide advocating a proactive approach to the employment market specifically for people over 50. Find out how your Classic Advantage can influence interviewers to recognize the value of hiring a person with work-life experience, mature insight and practical common sense.
Learn how to develop a positive outlook taking more control over your job search and wage a successful job hunting campaign in today’s youth-biased marketplace with the advice and step-by-step instruction based on 40 years of professional employment recruiting to give you a competitive edge.
Establish a positive attitude and sense of self-worth. Learn how to communicate a compelling message to overcome age bias. Ask the right questions to identify the interviewer’s personal hiring needs. Use tricks of the recruiting trade to discover more job leads. Take advantage of nature’s natural stress reduction method to lessen the anxiety and feelings of nervousness associated with job hunting and interviewing. Navigate the realities of working with technology in today’s marketplace. Structure your job hunting network starting with your friends, acquaintances and social media networking platforms.
This guide will help you to:
– Debunk negative myths associated with older job candidates and project a vital and capable image in your interview
– Conduct a successful interview despite tricky interviewing styles
– Write a Classic resume tailored specifically to older candidates, including for those seeking a career transition
– Gain insight and perspective to help you cultivate a sense of hope, optimism and focus during a challenging process with support, inspiration, and empowerment
– Find success in dealing with intimidated and insecure younger interviewers
– Build confidence in your ability to interview
And much more!
Available ebook formats: