Available formats: epub mobi pdf rtf lrf pdb txt html
I am Lady Antiva, the new Makidon Guildmaster, recently promoted from being a Senior High Guildman (a too masculine term in my view). I live in Camelot city, and play a crucial role in chronicling various lore of Bretunia. Hence, I have been bestowed the honor as being the co-author of 'The Book of Lore', deputy to Porthios, the Loremaster.
I am entrusted with the Guild Fellowship Staff, a tall slender rod of gold metal, encrusted with complex runes, impeccably carved, some small enough to cover with a finger yet more complex than a spider’s web. The top of the Staff is curled into a fanciful hook, a symbol of unity and brotherhood.. I welcome you to write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will happy share with you my notes, drawings, sketches and previews!
on June 25, 2011 :
This book allows the reader to have a first person like perception of the story, which I find quite immersive.
Though set in a medieval like time, it contains witty touches that though not straying from the theme, does bring up modern views of an old society.
Overall, it has a refreshing and entertaining take on storytelling without taking itself over seriously.
Would like to see more of this role-playing adventure read.
(reviewed the day of purchase)
on June 24, 2011 :
- The fundamentals of the story is somewhat similar to Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh (but this time it's collecting gems) but in Medival settings and that this time, YOU are the super hero tactician.
- Good to have a bit of knowledge of tactics anthemn (e.g. 2nd Circle tactics, banding, star deployment strategy etc)
- The STORY is about you, a tactician in training, trying to pass the Section Tactician Examinations in under six months where normal folks would need at least 2 years (by defeating 10 renegade tacticians: TENBADSIRS and passing the Section Tactician Examination)
- It gets more interesting after defeating TENBADSIRS with the first battle at a deceivingly mundane task as a tactician to keep out rats in a farm: battle with the durns.
- One note: There are quite a number of names which I had trouble trying to remember (not good with names) But as the story goes, these names can settle down quite well esp with the battles.
- The best part is at the Section Tactician examination where battle within the team takes place. Conflict of interests between friendship and the dream to pass the section tactician exam.
(review of free book)