Welcome to Smashwords' official Read an Ebook Week page, where you'll find links, banners and buttons to help you get the most out of this exciting global celebration of ebooks.
Smashwords Read an Ebook Week Catalog - This is the hub of action, where you find nearly 40,000 multi-format books regularly priced at free, and thousands more that are free or deep-discounted for one week only.
Apple iBooks - For iPhone, iPad, iTunes and Mac users. Two GREAT catalogs from our friends at Apple iBooks! CLICK HERE to download free featured series starters organized by genres such as Romance, Mysteries & Thrillers, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Teen Fiction. Or CLICK HERE to bring up a selection of FREE ebooks organized by categories such as Featured Titles, Fiction & Literature, Non-Fiction, Children & Teens, Romance, Mysteries & Thrillers, Sci-fi & Fantasy, Biographies & Memoirs, Arts & Entertainment and more.
Barnes & Noble - A neat and well-organized collection of thousands of free ebooks organized primarily around Fiction, Romance, Sci-Fi and Fantasy, and Mystery. Click the "See all" link to drill down into multiple other categories of free books.
Diesel Ebook Store - Offers over 20,000 books (many of them from Smashwords) in the epub format, but they're not well-organized and cannot be browsed by subject category.
Read an Ebook Week in Greece (Includes banners and badges in Greek): http://www.eanagnostis.gr/2014/02/evdomada-diavase-ena-ebook-2014.html
Follow these steps:
1. Enroll your books at our official RAEW Enrollment page - Select a discount level for the book ranging from 25% off to 100% off (FREE). Your after-discount price must be $.99 or greater, otherwise the book will default to FREE.
2. Celebrate your participation by posting Official Read an Ebook Week banners, buttons and images on your website or blog, or share the images across your social media channels.
3. Promote your participation in the sale with direct links to your book pages, your author page (if you've enrolled multiple books) and/or the RAEW promotion page at https://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/ Promote the links and your participation across all your social media channels:
- On your website
- On your blog
- On Twitter
- On Facebook
- On LinkedIn
- On Google +
- On your private mailing list
- On your favorite message boards
4. Remind your fellow Smashwords authors to participate. Each year, Read an Ebook Week gets bigger and bigger thanks to the active involvement of authors like you. Each participating author brings more readers to the sale page, and these readers then go on to discover the books of other great Smashwords authors. This is collective marketing at its finest.
5. Looking for more marketing ideas? How about these?
Whether you're a reader or an author, celebrate your love of Read an Ebook Week by sharing these images on your website, blog or across Facebook and other social media. Simply right mouse click to save the full-size image to your computer, then upload it anywhere. You can link the image to any page you like, such as the this official Smashwords page (http://smashwords.com/ebookweek), the Smashwords promotion page of featured books (https://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1), the official Read an Ebook Week Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Read-an-E-Book-Week/193882590629749) or if you're an author, your author profile page at Smashwords (click "Profile" to find the link to your author page). These and other images are also stored at the Smashwords Image Repository.
Here are some of the official and unofficial hotspots to learn more about Read an Ebook Week, or connect with fellow writers and readers during the promotion:
1. Facebook - The official RAEW Facebook page.
2. Read an interview with Rita Toews, the woman who created Read an Ebook Week. Mark Coker of Smashwords interviewed her in 2010 at The Huffington Post.
It's fast, free and easy to publish and distribute with Smashwords. We've created a wide range of written and video resources to help you get started. No technical experience necessary! Come learn why more indie authors publish and distribute with Smashwords than anyone else. Here's how to get started:
1. Sign up for a free account. Click "Join" from any page. The confirmation email you receive will provide you next steps. Smashwords is a self-serve publishing platform. Don't let anyone tell you e-publishing needs to be difficult or expensive. We'll show you how to do it for free, and do it yourself. Simply follow our instructions in the Smashwords Style Guide. There's never anything to buy. No publishing packages to buy (we don't sell them). No salespeople will hound you on the phone (We don't employ sales people, and we'll never call you because we don't collect your phone number). Just simple, no-nonsense publishing and distribution tools that will help you spend more time writing and less time on everything else.
2. Check out our introductory How to Publish and Distribute with Smashwords page. On this page, you'll find convenient links to all our training and educational resources, including the Smashwords Style Guide (how to format and publish your book), the Smashwords FAQ (frequently asked questions - a great repository of knowledge including a helpful glossary of e-publishing terms!), and much more.
3. If you're completely new to e-publishing (don't be intimidated, we'll hold your hand!), check out this introductory video at Youtube - An Introduction to Ebook Publishing. You'll learn the basic foundational knowledge you'll need to begin your e-publishing adventure. At Smashwords, our job is to provide you the tools, distribution and knowledge you need to become a professional indie author.