Welcome to the official Read an Ebook Week page, where readers and authors can find shareable images to support their participation in this global celebration of ebooks.
To learn the story behind Read an Ebook Week, read Mark Coker's interview with Rita Toews, Read an Ebook Week's creator. Don't miss the official Facebook Page for Read an Ebook Week.
Smashwords Read an Ebook Week Catalog - This is the hub of the action, where you find around 100,000 multi-format books regularly priced at free every day, and thousands more that are free or deep-discounted exclusively at Smashwords during Read an Ebook Week only.
Browse the catalog by discount categories of FREE, 75%-off, 50%-off and 25% off. You have two options for book discovery: 1. Our current book discovery interface. 2. Our "Classic" discovery interface.
Follow these steps:
1. Authors that publish and manage their books at Smashwords can visit our official RAEW Enrollment page - Select a discount level for the book ranging from 25% off to 100% off (FREE). Your after-discount price must be $.99 or greater, otherwise the book will default to FREE. ***Use our bulk enrollment option on that page to enroll your entire catalog with just a couple clicks!*** Authors who distribute via Draft2Digital can enroll in the sale from Draft2Digital.
2. The official hashtag is #ebookweek23
3. Promote your participation in the sale with direct links to your Smashwords author or publisher page (click "Profile" and then copy the web address from your browser). Promote the links, images and your participation across all your favorite channels:
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Your private, opt-in mailing list (Opt-in means these recipients have affirmatively requested to receive email from you; never spam, never hire email marketers to spam as this could lead to account termination per the Smashwords Terms of Service)
- Your blog
- Your author/publisher website
- Favorite message boards (follow posting rules; never spam)
- Anywhere else you connect with readers
4. Invite your author friends to join you in the promotion. Each year, Read an Ebook Week gets bigger and bigger thanks to the active involvement of authors and publishers like you. Each participating author brings more readers to the sale page, and these readers then go on to discover the books of other great Smashwords authors. This is collaborative marketing at its finest. Cross promote with author friends whose books you think your readers with love.
5. Looking for more marketing ideas? How about these?
Readers and authors, celebrate your love of Read an Ebook Week by sharing these images on your website, blog or across Facebook, Instagram, and other social media!
Click on the image for its full size.
Save the image to your computer, then attach it as an image anywhere you're celebrating Read an Ebook Week. You can link the image to any page you like, such as your book page, your author profile page (this is your personal bookstore where all your books are listed), this official Smashwords Read an Ebook Week hub page (http://smashwords.com/ebookweek), the Read an Ebook sale page (https://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1), the official Read an Ebook Week Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Read-an-E-Book-Week/193882590629749) or if you're an author, your author profile page at Smashwords.
Use the banner at the top of this page.
If you're an author or publisher, it's easy to distribute to the Smashwords Store.
Just sign up for an account at Draft2Digital (Draft2Digital acquired Smashwords in March '22) and opt in to distribute your titles to Smashwords.
If you're completely new to e-publishing (don't be intimidated, we'll hold your hand!), check out Mark Coker's Smart Author Podcast. The podcast guides writers step by step from the very basics of ebook publishing to more advanced topics. Learn the secrets of the bestselling indie authors. Visit our Smart Author Podcast page to listen right now, access full edited transcrips and supplemental show notes, or to view a complete list of popular podcast portals that carry the podcast. Here's the trailer!