Hi there! I am an inspirational writer and actress. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in the Arts and I have majored in Drama and Media Studies from the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
My fields of work include acting, radio drama, journalism, newspaper columnist, business and marketing and yes I was once a book seller!
I believe that writing is a calling and that all words put together to form sentences, paragraphs, pages, chapters and books should be written to inspire all readers. I have thus far written five books namely:
- Living a Purposeful Life, this was my first written and published e-book. It is a short book that inspires readers to discover their divine purpose within and use any negative situation to better themselves.
- Love in Abundance which takes readers through a journey of self-discovery, growth, and letting go of the past by using abundant love for self-healing, discovering their own passion, living their life according to their life passion and purpose which will ultimately lead to uniting with their soul mate and then living a divine life with their soul mate. Love in Abundance took me five years to complete and is the reason that I have discovered my passion for writing.
- What guys want you to know… This was composed after a series of interviews with gentlemen on what are the key concepts that they would want women to know to create a good meaningful relationship.
- What Women Want, was composed for gentleman as a guide when dating a lady. This book is meant to rid confusion between ladies and girls and to identify what ladies prioritize when looking for a relationship.
- My latest book, Being A Teen was written to inspire youngsters to cope with their teenage years. The book touches on topics such as the change from being a child to teenage hood, dealing with peer pressure, immature parents and substance abuse and dating, studying under pressure and the importance of creating your own finance!
I wish that all of my writing sparks a seed of inspiration and love for all my readers.
Stay blessed always!
When you're not writing, how do you spend your time?
I love learning. So whether it is learning about people, gaining a new skill, creating a new vegetarian recipe, or doing something new is stuff I really enjoy. I also love meditation, which is how I am able to gain new ideas to write. Acting and drama is my other passion. And fortunately learning new things and writing also forms a major part of drama so I spend a lot of time deepening that passion.
Family and friends are very important to me, so spending time with loved ones is something I give much significance to when I am not writing.
How do you discover the ebooks you read?
I am interested in many fields, so the books I read are very diverse, from religion and spirituality, to meditation and healing, to business, health, exercise and cooking.
I do a search for books on various internet search engines.
Being a Teen discusses what it means to be a teenager, how to cope with peer pressure and identifying what choices are right and wrong. Studying under pressure, dating, dealing with immature parents, substance abuse and the importance of creating your own finance at an early age.
Live a life with purpose and let the divine soul in you shine. Living A Purposeful Life is an inspirational book that will assist you in discovering your life purpose and living in accordance to your destiny. Understand why things happen and how to move forward following your purpose. Kindly consider supporting The SOS Children's Village in South Africa at www.doit4charity.co.za/Salona.Surjoo